[TenTec] 2.037J Speech Processor

RaySoifer at cs.com RaySoifer at cs.com
Sat Sep 9 21:08:42 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/10/06 12:52:10 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
ronc at sonic.net writes:
> This was the fix we were waiting for to get the Speech Processor working
> right.  I did some tests using an old Collins 302C-3 watt meter which has
> relatively slow meter ballistics.  I yanked the bass out of my audio by setting
> the EQplus bass control to 0.  With no processing and 1500 watts PEP out, the
> average peaks shown on the 302C-3 were around 30 Watts.  Progressively
> increasing the SP from 1 to 9 increased the average peaks up to 200 Watts.  By
> comparison, my trusty old Alpha Vomax pushed the average peaks to about 175-200.

I agree with Ron.  With 2.034, it sounded pretty distorted with SP settings
higher than 3.  Now I can go up to 4 or 5 with acceptable results.

Another problem I had with prior firmware, one that I haven't seen written
about here, concerned the DVK.  The output level was much lower than it should
be.  That has been fixed in 2.037j.

73,

Ray W2RS