[TenTec] 546 Omni C Questions

Mike Hyder -N4NT- Mike_N4NT at charter.net
Sun Sep 10 17:04:07 EDT 2006

Actually I believe the AGC is audio derived.  That is why the audio CW
filtering works so well.

The ALC limits the transmitter output.  Full clockwise sets the limit at
maximum.  It decreases as the ALC control is rotated CCW.  For most
uses, it will stay fully clockwise.

The Omni-C has what was termed "hang AGC" I think.  It takes a quarter
of a second or so to begin to decay but then it decays quickly.  It does
not change with the mode, as I recall.

The Omni-C is a great rig !

73, Mike N4NT