[TenTec] [Orion] low audio

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Tue Sep 12 09:33:20 EDT 2006

Yes, I have just started using this new feature, but it doesn't seem to
affect the reduced audio problem.  K7HP seems to have made some reliable
measurements confirming substantially reduced audio output vs 1.372.

Also, I posted that that the NR now seems to be working quite well...at
least on CW.  However, when the ambient QRN level is high, there seems
to be marked clipping of the signal.  This may be expected, but I
haven't experimented enough with the AGC settings to see if it can be
eliminated.

73, Joe
K2XX