[TenTec] Orion2 Problem with indication of the analog meter

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Thu Sep 14 00:14:24 EDT 2006

I have found the same problems with the meter, especially on the S-meter
readings above S-9.  If you look at my website, www.N6AHA.com, you can see
the result of my measurement of the S-meter.  This was measured under an
older firmware version, and I have not had a chance to check v. 2.037J yet,
but I don't think it has changed.  If you use the N4PY rig control software,
you can get an accurate reading above S-9 on your computer.

As for the power output, I also found that the analog meter was not correct,
but the digital setting shown next the PWR button was very close to the real
power that I measured with a Bird 43 Wattmeter into a dummy load for all
levels from 10 to 100 Watts.  I use the PWR setting to determine drive power
for my amplifier.

Ron N6AHA