[TenTec] Orion I v2.059d and v2.057

Mark DeBord markinkpt at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 21:53:06 EDT 2006

I have confirmed the same raspy RX audio on both versions on my radio.
However, I do not have this with V2.056 or previous V2 software.

I also talked to Ten Tec and they said they are not able to reproduce this
on the bench. I hope those that have this same issue with V2.059 (and those
that hear it on their Orion II also) has reported to TenTec at

ditsnbits at tentec.com

It seemed no one else has as of today.

I loaded V1 software again and the RX sounds good with no AGC overdrive. I
do notice that the AGC settings are a little different in V1, but if I make
V2.059d match those, it is way too much; the AGC distortion is a little
better, but it is so high, it wipes out weak stations.

I can manually raise the RF GAIN to the point of the received signal or
above the noise and the distortion leaves.

Just posting for info in case others search for the same sympton in the
future.

Thanks,
Mark KA4ICK