[TenTec] ORION II works nice!

dbp at tds.net dbp at tds.net
Fri Sep 15 20:07:04 EDT 2006

Hi-
 We knew when we purchased the ORION that it was a work in progress; and it did get better through a number of revisions. Some reflector participants complained probably more than they actually used the rig, but that may have been band conditions too. The rig improved.
 Now with an ORION II and the latest version of the software, I am more convinced than ever that this is one super radio!
 For me, I had not been able to fully communicate with my MixW software. Some of the software features, i.e. frequency control, did not work. With the latest version of the ORION II software it now communicates 100% with MixW.
 The more I use the rig the better I get at utilizing its features to my advantage, working the weak ones and eliminating the QRM. Picking out CW sigs on what appears to be a dead band is a kick. Nice rig and excellent service from Ten Tec. Thanks.

Dave K1OPQ