[TenTec] orion 565 v2.056 bandstacking?

Bob Cunnings bob.cunnings at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:40:54 EDT 2006

Hello,

I've not used the bandstacking registers much in Orion, but lately
have started to - in order to hop between CW freqs and SSB freqs on 80
- the point is to monitor a net on 75 m from time to time. However, I
notice something funny. I always assign VFO B to my main receiver, and
set VFO B as my "default" VFO (by pressing and holding the A/B
button). However, when using the bandstacking registers, the stored
mode and bandwidth settings are always recalled to the *sub-receiver*
instead of the main receiver when making a change - even though the
main receiver is the "active" receiver (MAIN RX has been pressed).
Therefore the main receiver MODE and BW don't track with freq changes
made, which is annoying. I use VFO B for the main receiver since the
arrangement of gear on the table makes using the rightmost VFO knob
much easier for me.

It appears that recall of MODE and BW by the bandstacking registers
does not take into account the user's VFO to receiver assignments -
VFO A is always associated with the main receiver, and VFO B with the
sub-receiver. So the problem only crops up if VFO B is used for the
main receiver.

Has it always worked this way? Is it a known issue? The manual treats
the bandstacking registers quite tersely.

Bob NW8L