[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 45, Issue 63

CATFISHTWO at aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Tue Sep 26 21:18:44 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/26/2006 4:34:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tentec-request at contesting.com writes:

I can  not get the Steppir (4.591) controller to interface with the Orion II
(2.037j).
Transceiver mode on the steppir is ORION.
I am using Baud  57600.  I am plugged directly into the Orion ( no Y cable).
Anyone who  has this working please send me an email.
Steppir says they only read from  the radio, so it is not something they can
fix.

Ken  K5WK

I don't think the steppir reads the orion, I had to use the y cable and run
either my logger ( AC LOG) or ham radio deluxe. HRD reads the orion and the
steppir poles the HRD to pick the freq.

my original set up did not work but I up graded to steppir controller ver
6604 and it started working fine.

good luck, it works with my orion original.

tom N6AJR