[TenTec] Ten Tec Keyer 645

John Cox jecox at tri-lakes.net
Sat Sep 30 20:33:06 EDT 2006

Hi Bill
I don't have an answer to your question but I just bought an Omni C and
would be interested in any feedback that you get.
I am just getting back into amateur radio.  I was a novice in 1954 and a
technician in the early 60's.   Since I still had my technician certificate
I was grand fathered into a general class license after passing the current
technician written.  My code is weak so when I get the Omni on line I plan
on listening to the practice frequencies for a while.
What key would you recommend that I use to start.  When I was a novice I
had a hallicrafters S-53 receiver and a home made 6ag7tube transmitter that
put out 5 watts.  I used a j-37 or j-38 key. Does the Omni have a keyer
built in that will let me use something like a Vibroplex iambic key?

73, John KC0YAI