[TenTec] Argonaut V or Jupiter

Wayne Whitman wwhitman at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 6 21:17:15 EDT 2007

Hmmmm, well Ron, maybe 'overload' isn't the correct term.  What I
notice, is when a very strong cw signal is very close to frequency,
the receiver sensitivity decreases when the strong signal keys, to the
point where it is quite hard to hear a much weaker signal.
Would you call this swamping instead?  Never happens on my Orion II.
Maybe my Argo has a problem?
I would appreciate anyone's opinion on this situation.

Don't misunderstand me, I love my Argonaut.
I think the build quality is better than that of the Orion II.