[TenTec] international

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Apr 10 11:46:51 EDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 11:19:17AM -0400, Bill Tippett wrote:
           I agree with both above...SWIFT is a wire transfer.
> When I sold my FT-1000MP to ES5TV we used this system since PayPal
> had no coverage in Estonia and since PayPal's fee on a >$2000
> transaction would have been much more than the SWIFT fee.

Another to ask your bank for is if they have a "corresponding bank"
in the country.

For example, if I want to wire money to here (Israel) from the U.S.,
I send it via my bank's corresponding bank. The transfer charges
are the same as any other SWIFT wire transfer within the U.S. plus a
small fee from my bank to process the transaction from their corresponding
bank.

It comes out to about half of the price of direct wire transfer.

Transfering money out is a different story. The banks have a captive audience,
so they don't bother giving small people good rates. There used to be
International postal money orders, but the post office stopped selling them
a few years ago. Now the only post office choice is Western Union,

PayPal will not accept Israeli credit cards, so the only way for me
to use it is to pay someone who has an account in the U.S., wait for
him to accumulate enough on that end to pay for me, and have him do
it. Some months it's quick other months it's not.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838