[TenTec] Argosy 525 question

ynkedragon at aol.com ynkedragon at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 15:54:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/15/2007 22:10:08, n8coo at yahoo.com writes:

>   Question for someone out there with/experience with an
Argosy 525 - with a dummy load connected, is your
receive noise level noticeably louder with the radio
power switch in the LO position, compared with the HI
position?   <

NO, they are exactly the same on my radio.

Perhaps a bit of a good quality contact cleaner (like Cramolin C5)
applied
to the low-HI power switch contacts could correct your situation.
While
getting access to the switch I would also inspect soldered connections
to the
switch.

73, Blair, K3YD