[TenTec] Orion I v2 subreceiver filter blow-by

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:31:07 EDT 2007

I'm curious - do any other Orion owners use their subreceiver on cw and
notice the filter blow-by w v2 firmware, as in high pitched rendering of
strong UCW signals 2.5-5Khz above their fundamental?  I typically use
300-400hz selectivity and it's very noticeable.  Sidelobes of the dsp
passband or leakage somewhere in the processing chain?  (This WAS previously
reported to D'nB and is present in  v2.059/2.060)  This phenomenon
definitely didn't exist in v1.

73,
Barry N1EU