[TenTec] V2.060b Release Comments - audio clicks

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 07:44:34 EDT 2007

I am out of town away from my Orion so I haven't been able to play  with this
but I do remember that in earlier 1.3 versions of the software  when the
radio was first released there was a big discussion of the loud clicks  heard in
the audio between CW characters.  It sounded to me like the audio  was too
"hot" when switching over and you were hearing the background noise at a  high
level before the audio chain took control and quieted it down.

Some folks heard them loudly (myself) others claimed they didn't  exist.  TT
said they didn't exist but if you heard them you should use  high(?)
impendence headphones or put a resistor in series.  This was one of  the early gripes
that was debated (does too! - does not!).  Finally a  revised software release
came along and the clicks were gone but so was the  QSK.

Could it be we got improved QSK at the expense of a reintroduction of  the
same problem?  Anyone else remember?

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA