[TenTec] N5UL - Testing of Sidetone Clicks with V2.060b

Charles W. Shaw chasshaw at leaco.net
Thu Apr 26 13:12:17 EDT 2007

All,
	Using Orion with dummy load, matching TT external speaker or
internal speaker and/or also with headphones, power set to about 100W--I find:
	1.  The clicks are certainly only on key up (release).  This
includes using the TUNE function.
	2.  The clicks are present using either of the speakers and with the
headphones.
	3.  The loudness of the clicks is definitely affected by the setting
of the MAIN AF gain.
	4.  The loudness of the clicks is NOT affected by the setting of the
S-TONE; it is just as loud with S-TONE set at 0.

	HOWEVER -- There are NO clicks at all listening to the SUB RX with
any settings of MAIN AF or S-TONE and whether using VFO A or VFO B to
set TX and/or RX frequency!

	I am also sending this to TT Dits and Bits and to Scott.

Chas - N5UL
Hobbs, NM