[TenTec] Argonaut II/Delta II crystal filters

Kevin Purcell kevinpurcell at pobox.com
Wed Aug 1 12:31:13 EDT 2007

Especially as Ten Tec holds a patent on the Jones Filter (until
2009). Interesting read.

<http://www.google.com/patents?id=blsfAAAAEBAJ>

I suspect Elecraft aren't using it (though I'd love to hear that they
licensed it). Previously mentioned on the Ten-Tec list

<http://lists.contesting.com/_tentec/2004-10/msg00106.html>

It's a compromise design. It's 8 crystals (and some varactors) doing
the work of quite a few more crystals in a small space.

I think it's a win for compact equipment (like the small Scout/Argo)
but I didn't think it was a good match to the "bigger" gear like the
Argo/Delta II.

--
73 DE N7WIM / G8UDP
Kevin Purcell