[TenTec] Linix

KD5AQ fbaker at pine-net.com
Thu Aug 2 21:57:13 EDT 2007

 I think I have tried about every version of linux. If I wanted just to
write emails and do office work I would use nothing but the new version
of Pclinuxos 1.0.It is just like running windows for searching the
internet or email or office type stuff, but and that is a big but they
do not write ham programs for it .To use with ham radio you would have a
real learning curve to learn how to make RPMs and get them to work.I
switch back and forth to Ubuntu. I would use Kubuntu as I like the kde
desktop better but you have some problems running some of the radio
software on kde.I think for the time being till something better comes
along it is Ubuntu.
Ron KD5AQ
Wayne Whitman wrote:On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:14:56