[TenTec] triton 540 reversed polarity

Louis A. Ciotti Jr. lciotti at twcny.rr.com
Tue Aug 7 09:22:00 EDT 2007

More information:

When the polarity was reversed this is what happened.  I powered on the powersupply, the current meter on it spiked and then when to zero current.  This took les than a second, and I turned it on three or four time before I realized the problem.

I have taken the covers off the radio and looked for obvious failures... i.e. Burn marks, poped cases... Etc. And do no see any physical evidence of a component failure.

I have contacted tentec via e-mail, and have not gotten any real direction from Paul Clinton as of yet his initial responce asked the location of the positive pin on my Triton.

Thanks again.

Lou
KC2RVD