[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 56, Issue 11

CATFISHTWO at aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 15:54:28 EDT 2007

If you ever go to Eham, I think you will find I am a real proponent of the
Fan dipole  , home brew style.  and you don't have to spend $10,000 to  do it.

 BUT< you canalso do a good setup on the cheap if you keep your  eves open.
How many times have you seen a tower given away for just taking it  down,
antennas and all, or watch the used market for a deal??

I have a 15 foot tall create roof tower on my roof and I bought the steppir
used for 500 bucks. and a 5 dollar ground rod and some # 8 wire gives me a
good  dc ground.

I probably have under $1000 in the whole thing.  I just keep an eye  open and
get what I can when I can.

Remember any antenna is better than no antenna at all, but when you use a
random dipole and a tuner, you are leaving some of your power in the tuner, and
for QRP that sucks..

 Just my opinion, YMMV

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 8/8/2007 9:02:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,