[TenTec] Paragon, computer & CW Keying

Vic Klein vhklein at ptd.net
Mon Aug 20 07:56:31 EDT 2007

I also have a Paragon connected to a computer for logging (using Hyperlog,
not Logger 32) and for control using a homebrew program. I have no problems
dropping dits at 30 wpm when connected, but I have a suspicion about your
problem. The RS-232 port on the Paragon is fairly slow by today's standards,
but is only active when it receives a request from the computer, then it
sends a package of information about the current status of the radio. My
logging program only asks for the frequency, mode, and so forth from the
Paragon when you start to enter a new call into the log, but otherwise there
is no communication. Perhaps your program polls the radio periodically to
get the status? If so, that load could affect the radio into interrupting
the dit stream.

 =Vic=
WA4THR