[TenTec] Off topic, sort of

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:08:28 EDT 2007

<<The only things those radios need to complete the look are
tailfins and chrome.  They look like parodies of radios, with the obvious
intent being to place as many buttons and knobs as physically possible on
the front panel, regardless of function...ridiculous.>>

I agree with this assessment of the new Yaesus.  One thing I forgot to
mention yesterday is that Ten Tec can do a good job if they want to.  The
RX340 receiver looks great.  They can really make their non-ham gear look
real solid and high quality.  I wish they could do the same for the ham
radio line.

73,

rob / k5uj