[TenTec] Triton 540 digital readout

Paul Gates, KD3JF pearly732003 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 17:34:24 EDT 2007

Beep, beep, beep is what you hear

Max Slover <k0azv at yahoo.com> wrote:
--- "Louis A. Ciotti Jr."
wrote:

> 1) On 80 meters, the digital readout is some time
> all over the place ... sometime dead on.  I did not
> send thin back to ten-tec with the triton now I
> think I should have...

Mine does this on 10 Meters. I have just gotten to the
point of turning the external unit off unless I am
trying to calibrate the dial skirt. I can be pretty
assured that it is fairly well on frequency.

> 2) I am not sure I fully understand how to use the
> calibrator.  The manual says to "zero beat" on the
> tone, but how do I know when I am there?  Do I
> listen for a specific pitch or to I use the peak on
> the s-meter?

I've gone with sort of a combination of the two. When
it sounds right and gives me the maximum reading I'm
pretty sure I am there. Course I'm open to hearing if
I am wrong on this.

Hope to work you on bands Louis. As a newly minted
General myself I'm really looking forward to working
the lower HF spectrum.

Max...
K0AZV

Public Information Officer -- St. Louis & Suburban Radio Club
K0AZV - Amateur
WPWH-650 GMRS
St. Louis County ARES
St. Ann MO EM48tr