[TenTec] Amplifier Question

Steve Berg wa9jml at tbc.net
Thu Aug 30 13:02:09 EDT 2007

Many thanks for the replies.  I have never run an amplifier at HF,
having spent most of my time on 6 and 2 meters for many years.  I
recently upgraded from Advanced to Extra and have been spending more
time with my Omni V on HF.  It looks like I ought to start looking for a
QSK capable amplifier to keep things simpler, but I am limited by
circumstances to something running 500 watts output or thereabouts.  I
guess I will start looking for a good used Centaur or Hercules II amp.
Any suggestions on where these might be most readily found?

73,

Steve WA9JML