[TenTec] Orion II back home

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Thu Aug 30 19:16:42 EDT 2007

Well done Ron and here's a little more irony.

I received my Newark capacitors today.  Total time to remove the Orion from
the rack, undo all the torx screws remove and replace the caps (C6, C7 and
C9 from the power distribution board) and put it all back together was less
than an hour.

The original caps were:

       470 uF, 16 V, 85 C from CKRM

Replaced with:

      470 uF, 35 V, 105 C, Low ESR from Vishay (Newark part number 18C4716)

There was no problem installing these - lots of room - and the lead spacing
was perfect. Preventative maintenance done!

73,

Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk