[TenTec] Model 289 Noise Blanker - Question

Peter Inskeep pinskeep at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 10:49:27 EST 2007

Dave,

Bought my Delta 580 new in early 1980's.  Installed a new noise blanker board shortly thereafter.  Always felt that the noise blanker was largely ineffective on my particular radio.  Did not think there was anything wrong with the radio or the noise blanker.  Just did not think it did all that I had hoped and expected it to do.

I don't remember for sure, but I think that there may be one or more pots/coils on the noise blanker board that may be tweaked for optimum performance.  I used to fiddle with those, but never improved anything over the original settings.

The observations apply to just one radio and one noise blanker board.  Others may have had better results.  It is a nice, easy to use, and easy to listen to radio.  Just does not seem to have a particularly effective noise blanker.

pete, no2d.

Dave Burnett <burnett at dakotacom.net> wrote: I have a Model 289 noise blanker in my 580 Delta, but it doesn't seem to work as effectively as I would expect, especially in the presence of local power line noise.  I don't have a lot of experience with it, so is there anyone in the group that can tell me how well it should be expected to work?  Any experience troubleshooting them?

73,

 -Dave
WD8KRV