[TenTec] List Abbreviations

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 4 22:49:54 EST 2007

Great!  My Dad, W5JHJ (SK) had told me about this shortly after I got
my Novice ticket in 1970. I'd never heard or read of it anywhere.

Now, the long comma -- that's a great one!

I have my 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, mainly because I saw that it was
still available. For some odd reason, the FCC hasn't done away with
it. I took my 20 wpm Extra test before the FCC, so I qualified by
taking only the written portion. The written is pretty arcane (and
hasn't been updated for many years), asking lots of questions about
super-regen receivers and message handling protocols. I learned those
on CW traffic nets, so it wasn't too bad.

Kim Elmore N5OP