[TenTec] Logic 8 and Omni VII? - & now Omni V...

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Wed Dec 5 00:37:25 EST 2007

I read the kudos on the chip so I bought it and then did some re-
reading from this pdf on the chip:
http://tentecwiki.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=562&cache=cache&media=omni_
v9.pdf

I originally thought the project was essentially to replace the
microprocessor alone, place something like pinstriping on the
frequency buttons and then relabel them and make a small change to
the data cable; all things that could be easily undone at any future
time when I decide to sell the radio. However, after reading the
above info, I realized that to make the changes suggested within the
radio would likely someday be an issue to me, a new buyer or
repairman. A deal's a deal so I'm keeping the chip but it's sitting
on the Omni & I'm not going to modify the radio.

Gary
ka1j