[TenTec] Logic 8 and Omni VII? - & now

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Wed Dec 5 04:07:04 EST 2007

Ah yes. That was where I got the idea I didn't have to alter the
radio.. Carl had attached a text of the 9.2 info when I first
inquired. I read that and then later saw the pdf data on the wiki
(needs to be updated or an addendum reflecting 9.2 added.)

With that (Thank you Rick) I just put in the new chip & all seems to
be working well. I still have the issue of needing to use a USB port
and the pins might be an issue. I bought a DB25 to DB9 adapter along
with a DB9 to USB adapter cable but the pin connections aren't
straight 1 pin 1 to pin 1 ie:

DB25  ---> DB9
8		Pin 1
3		Pin 2
2		Pin 3
20		Pin 4
7		Pin 5 --> Shorts to Pin 1 on the USB
6		Pin 6
4		Pin 7
5		Pin 8
22		Pin 9

So I'm hoping Carl has encountered this before and knows a solution.
Or maybe I need to do the seemingly obvious connections between the
DB 25 & the DB9 as he suggested Pin 2 to pin 2, pin 3 to pin 3 and
Pin 7 to pin 7and then just hook the USB cable to that?

TenTec sure makes excellent radios.

Gary
ka1j