[TenTec] A dumb question....

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Dec 6 14:33:06 EST 2007

Probably the most straight forward way to put a "CW" signal (tone)
on a SSB frequency is to use your computer and one of the many
free programs that generates cw tones. A $20 digi interface box or
homebrew circuit ($5) would attach from your computer to the rig
MIC or AUX input. Whenever you want to speak, pick up the MIC,
whenever you want to send "CW" use the keyboard on your computer.
They feed the exact same SSB circuit (one with voice, other with a
tone). That is how all the keyboard digital modes like PSK31 work.
They simply substitute tones for MIC input. How about that for a
simple solution?

[Of course my Kenwood TS-480SAT has a provision to switch
instantly from SSB to CW modes and back again with a single button
push and it keeps the offsets all aligned <g>]

GL de ken n9vv