[TenTec] Orion II "default" settings

Arthur Trampler atrampler at att.net
Fri Dec 7 10:40:10 EST 2007

Hey All,

I have a friend who's been invited to work a contest either this weekend or next weekend where the station owner just installed an Orion II.  My friend (N5DX) has never operated one and will be seeing this rig for the first time a few minutes before the contest.

I told him that the biggest thing that I have heard about that is "different" are the AGC settings.  Any advice on either the AGC or other parameters as a good "default" value to start with for a contest?

Thanks,
Art, K0RO