[TenTec] Ten Tec 229 Tuner on 160M

Bob Cunnings bob.cunnings at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:25:27 EST 2007

Yes, and if a horizontal doublet isn't practical, try going vertical!
I've been using a 32 ft. vertical doublet (#14 insulated wire), center
fed with 450 ohm ladder line, for years, hidden within a tree. A
balanced-L tuner does the matching. The feedline runs 16 ft. above the
ground, running horizontally from the feedpoint to the eave of the
house, then down to the shack on the 1st floor. All the convenience of
a multi-band doublet, with the characteristics of a vertical dipole
(both the good and the bad).

Bob NW8L