[TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

Doug Smith Doug at BlueSky.org
Sat Dec 8 01:33:23 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 01:09 -0500, Gary Hoffman wrote:
> That said, the DHCP server does not assign zeros by default.

Didn't the original poster stated the non-availability of 0 was in the
third octet?  That's where 0 is not only valid but *very* common.

I use a pretty mainstream NetGear device and it's default segment is
192.168.0.X and all machines on my LAN are in that segment and have
192.168.0.X addresses.  (Some fixed, some via DHCP.)

So, that network device (OMNI-VII) would force me to reconfigure my
entire LAN in order to accommodate that quirk.  Certainly, it was a
weird choice if not a bug..

73,
-Doug, W7KF