[TenTec] FS Ten Tec Jupiter

Denton denton at oregontrail.net
Sat Dec 8 18:34:32 EST 2007

Oh...pretty nice.....if you have decent bandwidth, can send you some pixs.
I set up the omni for psk work, have pulled the internal speaker and wired a
fan, in series with a second one on the heat sink, in its stead. This insure
rock solid frequency stability on cw and psk and will do rtty hour after
hour.
have also pulled original dc plug and installed Anderson Powerpole plugs in
its place to keep the voltage drops to a minimum....the original dc plug is
only rated for about 14 amps.
Within the past couple of years, have sent it to TT for new finals, drivers
and some minor realingment. All paperwork and manual included.
Cosmetics are nice...a little wear on the tune button....but other than
that, it is in good condition.
One quirk...if the rig is cold, as when the rig just sits without the power
supply on, then I have to press the 40 meter band button to get the rig to
fire....but after that it runs good, and will run indefinitely without
problem.
I also have an omni 7, and would like the Jup to sit beside it.