[TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

Jeff Iddings jeff at iddings.us
Sat Dec 8 21:08:44 EST 2007

:)

Honestly, as I'm not terrible interested in the remote capabilities, I'm
more than willing to make an inquiry to TenTec on Monday. No hurry, by
no means.. if it's never resolved, so be it.

I'm using the latest firmware/boot loader, I re-flashed, just for the
fun of it.. same situation. As soon as I can find my 512mb CF flash
card, I'm going to make a video so someone can tell me what I might be
doing wrong..

As for trivial or not, if I had built things 5 years ago with the
intention of having a more dynamic network, changing from .0.x to .1.x
would be absolutely trivial.. but there's countless changes I'd have to
make including bind IP configs in lots of daemons, /etc/hosts on each
box, and the like..

But anyhow, I'm VERY pleased with the radio, and I thin I initially
outlined this problem as being minor. It's not really worth further
discussion unless perhaps someone has encountered the same problem.

Thanks again!

Jeff - W4GPL