[TenTec] A tad off topic...solar updates

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 07:47:43 EST 2007

Ummm, how's about using my method?
  Turn on the radio and tune across the band...
  If all you hear is static and a couple of guys 200 miles away the band is short...
  If you hear the fish net beacons the band is open to medium distances...
  If you can hear a UR7 breathing as he is tuning up, the band is OPEN, baby...,

  As you can tell from my comments I don't think much of propagation forecasts...
  I have had terrible contests when the forecast was for fantastic propagation...
  I have had great contests when the forecast was for bad conditions...
  I have had contests where the propagation was bad/great at different times during the weekend...
  And I really miss cycle 19 ....  Where is the wayback machine when you need it?

  denny / k8do

denny / k8do