[TenTec] radio remote

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Dec 16 16:08:36 EST 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:14:46 -0600, Leo Bricker K5LDB wrote:

>I own commercial trucks and drive one of them. I have no metal surface
>for antennas. I tried a mirror mount but couldn't get a decent ground.

That's becoming an increasingly difficult thing in vehicles these days. You
may need to bond together parts of your vehicle to make the antenna work
(and to get rid of noise -- most trucks I pass on the highway have AWFUL
noise levels).

>I've heard the Omni VII can be operated remotely via internet but don't
>know how that works. Can it be set up at home and me use it from the
>truck? Thanks for any and all advice.

That would be a MAJOR technical project, and well outside the scope of this
forum. First, you would need high speed internet access from your truck!
If you can accomplish that, you should start researching ham radio remote
control. There is some very nice software to do this. And there's probably
a ham radio reflector devoted to it.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC