[TenTec] Basic advice on dual receive

Rick Denney rick at rickdenney.com
Wed Dec 19 23:38:55 EST 2007

I'm facing a couple of weeks of enforced downtime following surgery in
a couple of days, and I've decided it's time to get my dual receive
capability working. I have an Omni V.9 for which I have not yet
established computer control, and an RX-320 which I've not yet even
powered up. I also have control software from Carl Moreschi that will
operate both together, using the RX-320 as a second receiver. I want
to use the same antenna for everything.

Just thinking it through, I'll need a way to share the antenna that
isolates the RX-320 when the Omni is transmitting to protect it. Is
this provided by Carl's software, using some internal antenna switch
in the RX-320? Do I need a separate piece of hardware, say an RF
relay?

I'm also expecting to have to mix the headphone outputs so that I can
continue to use my Heil headset. I'm looking at the Dunestar two-radio
headphone mix and switch. Does that sound like the right approach?

I have looked through the materials Carl sent with his software but it
doesn't have much on how to set up the station to use that feature. I
haven't yet really dug into it--that's an activity for my enforced
vacation. But I want to get anything I need ordered now so I don't get
stuck.

Thanks for any advice.

Rick, KR9D

---
Richard W. Denney, Jr. PE|Iteris, Inc.
Associate Vice President |107 Carpenter Dr. Ste 230 |    703.925.3819
rwd at iteris.com           |Sterling, VA 20164        |Fax 703.471.1757