[TenTec] Omni VII with Win-Test software, VA2AM, Rejean

Réjean Léveillé va2am at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 24 21:33:52 EST 2007

I am a new Omni VII owner and the operator manual does a good job to explain menu and control but not much written about connecting this radio with a contest software. I use the popular Win-test contest software v3.18. This software includes Omni VII settings as 57600 8-N-1 with DTR (pin 4) Always ON and RTS (pin 7) always ON.
Win-Test will control the radio but not the opposite, if I changed band on the radio, Win-Test will ignore it. There is no frequency readout to follow frequency-cluster map.
Also Ten-Tec is unique to active cw in full break-in mode and it took me a while to send cw without a continuous carrier seen every software includes a PTT from the paralell port. I opened the mic connection.
Do I need another program to control the radio behind Win-Test or is it a know problem? One reason that I bought  a Ten-Tec for top performance receiver required during a contest.

Thank you, 73 Rejean