[TenTec] FS: TenTec Pegasus 550 -- Second Receiver for N4PY?

Gary Jacek Gary.Jacek at telus.net
Mon Feb 12 00:12:22 EST 2007

Thinning the herd here at my station.

I have one really nice condition TenTec Pegasus Model 550,
no autotuner.  Not a scratch on it.  Non-smoking station.
This Pegasus has really nice receive audio.  Really easy to listen to this
one.

Many versions of N4PY control program support using a Pegasus as a second
receiver.
For example, the Jupiter/Pegasus/Omni V.9/Argo V version does this.
This is really handy for following split-DX operations, hunting for an
open frequency to QSY or find out who's splattering you down the band.

Scott at TenTec tells me that the trade-in value of a Pegasus without
autotuner
is $550.  After servicing by TenTec, a used Pegasus goes for $700 plus
shipping.
So here's your chance to save a few bucks and get that second
receiver/backup rig on the air.

Photos of the Pegasus are here:
http://www3.telus.net/ve7aq/TenTecPegasus550/TenTecPegasusCollage.jpg

My price is $550 plus shipping.  International Postal Money Order or PayPal
from your
credit card at a 3% premium to pay for the PayPal fees.

Gary
VE7AQ
ve7aq at rac.ca