[TenTec] Orion I settings

Larry Menzel retire at means.net
Mon Feb 12 12:20:01 EST 2007

Hello, Bernhard,

I'll just pass along what was given to me by another Orion user.  I have
mine set to these specific settings (or very close) and have found them to
be a great starting point to understanding the way the AGC works.

Good luck.

Larry, N0XB

SLOW :
Hang - 1 sec
Decay - 10dB/s
Threshold - 11uV (about S6 on the S meter, and be sure RF gain is set at 100
to set these thresholds while watching the S meter)

MEDIUM:
Hang - 0.5sec
Decay - 20dB/s
Threshold - 5 uV (about S5 on the S meter)

FAST:
Hang - 0.2 sec
Decay - 80dB/s
Threshold - 1.4uV (about S 2.5 on the S meter)

PROG:
Hang - 0.1 sec
Decay - 200dB/sec
Threshold - 1.0 uV (about S2 on the S meter)

I set the AGC slope to 2:10 dB.