[TenTec] PARAGON Keying problem

Ken Kinyon w7ts at comcast.net
Sun Feb 18 12:37:52 EST 2007

Hi Ken,
It could well be the snow and ice detuning the antenna and raising SWR and thus
the radiation from the feed line.  I have owned a Paragon, Omni VI and Omni VI+.
All were more sensitive to RF in the shack than most rigs. If you have any
auxiliary devices such as digital interfaces, etc. plugged into that back, Make
sure that they have some type of RF suppression just prior to plugging into the
rig. (Wound around a toroid or such) In a situation where the antenna was fairly
close to the shack, I actually wired old fashioned solenoid RF chokes in line
with the leads to all external devices.  This is in addition to good station
grounding. Hope this helps,
Ken W7TS