[TenTec] 160m converter Model 240 for triton IV

Mark Choate aa0yy at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 23 21:05:46 EST 2007

Hello to the group,
I have a converter that I purchase from and estate sale along with a Triton IV. The Triton works fine, but I am uncertain if the 160m converter, model 240, works or not. I have no documentation about how to operate it.

I took the multi-pin molex connector out of the back of the triton, plugged the converter molex (not sure thats the real name or proper spelling) connector in, then put the jumper in the converter. I ran the antenna to the converter, and then the antenna lead/pig tail coming out of the converter back to the triton.

can anyone help me with some knob/switch settings for the triton/converter to help me determine if this converter is working or not? What band do I put the triton on? where do I tune? how do I know the freq I am on? so many questions????

tnx in advance, 73

Mark Choate
AAØYY
Home ph# (636) 257-6626