[TenTec] Orion II and Timewave DSP 599zx

Merle Bone merlebone at charter.net
Wed Jan 3 12:29:27 EST 2007

Ken (K5WK/7)   wrote:
Has anyone used the timewave with the Orion II?  Is there any advantage to be
gained in any mode, especially external noise reduction?

I also use the Timewave DSP-599ZX with my Orion. I find that the Timewave 599ZX noise reduction does help on weak SSB signals and seems to take out some of the noise that is not removed by the Orion V1 NR on setting 1 (Which is what I use on the Orion V1 code for SSB signals). The audio filters also help a little. I use both channels of the Timewave and put the main receiver through Channel A and the Sub-receiver through channel B. That gives me all of the control of the audio through the Orion Audio menu and allows me to engage the DSP on the main receiver when I want to use it. I bought it when I was using my FT1000MP as my primary receiver and I doubt I would spend the money today given the performance of the Orion V1 code.
73, Merle - W0EWM