[TenTec] Orion II thoughts

yahoo email barbiekenw at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 10:43:03 EST 2007

If you want the best receiver and work CW at less than 50 wpm, buy the Orion II.
If you want the best price performer, buy a late model FT-1000 Mark V (200w) for $1700 - $1800, and add INRAD filters.
If you work only SSB and no serious CW work, and you like bells and whistles, buy the FT-2000 with the DMU,  If you are into
ESSB, expect to spend lots of time adjusting the audio.

On my list of "shoulda" for the Orion II is that it be a 200w rig.  I like to be barefoot on CW and digital except for tough ones.

Ken K5WK/7