[TenTec] Grounding

george fritkin georgefritkin at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 12:40:35 EST 2007

Perhaps this is the least understood concept in amateur radio.   Where is the ground rod field in an aircraft.  Do they have a big pile of dirt with ground rods and buss bars tied to it.  Does NASA launch a second rocket with the dirt for orbiters.  It all has to do with the match to the antenna feed line and antenna period.  Balanced and unbalanced lines have the own special problems.  I have no buss bars or ground fields, run maximum legal power, and have 0 problems.  I make certain that the AC grounding in the shack is correct and to code for safety.  Let me add one more item, I have an eight operating position set-up.

George, W6GF