[TenTec] A grounding question

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Mon Jan 8 16:22:09 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 18:13 +0000, Steve Hunt wrote:
> I know some folk who take the "thin/wide" advice to its logical (and cheap) conclusion and use copper clad PCB material as a base on which all their equipment sits. They then use short/wide straps soldered directly to this base to connect to the back of the equipment. It doesn't look "pretty" but it does mean a low-inductance path between all the bits of kit.
>
> 73,
> Steve G3TXQ

I used soft copper sheet with the soldered tabs once at Collins to do RF
measurements at millivolt level while 100KW and 250 KW transmitters were
being exercised in the same lab. It seemed to have worked. The main
copper sheet covered the entire work bench top and rolled around the
edges to hold it down.

73, Jerry, K0CQ