[TenTec] OII 2.037j download HELP!

M. Todd Miskel kt0dd at bresnan.net
Sat Jan 6 19:45:32 EST 2007

I am trying to solve a minor glitch in my new OII by reloading the software. I am using an HP Pavillion zv5000 laptop with an Athlon/AMD64 processor. Unfortunately, I only have USB connections on my laptop, so I went to Radio Shack (Yeah, I know) and bought a USB to serial port adaptor. I downloaded the software and tried to install it on the OrionII, but the radio & computer will not talk to each other. When I start the process, nothing happens for about 10 seconds, and then I get an error message that the Computer has lost connection with the device. I checked all cables and tried turning off the Windows XP firewall and all Anti virus/spyware programs in case of conflicts. I tried this several times. Anybody have any ideas what's going on? 73, Todd