[TenTec] A bit OT Orion/II v SDR-whatever Redux

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 08:41:40 EST 2007

Yup Grant... TT holding one of my radios hostage at the moment, also... Bummer...

  Still, they are lots and lots better than the dealings I've had with the offshore makers over the years..

  As far as SDR, for contestors the lack of hard filters and IF stages means the audio DSP cannot overcome all the qrm/qrn issues at this time... Give it five years to develop RF stage dsp processors and it may improve dramatically...

  denny / k8do