[TenTec] #%$^%$ RIT/XIT encoder

John T. Fleming W3GQJ at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 17:09:36 EST 2007

I had the problem shortly after I got my Orion in 2003.  My first reaction
was a cold solder joint.  I removed the front panel and hit all of the pins
on the encoder.  One pin was stubborn on allowing the solder to flow
properly.  A bit more heat until it flowed and I have not had any trouble
since.

John