[TenTec] Hercules II Amp

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Jan 21 01:26:47 EST 2007

Hi Gary,

I also have a Hercules II amplifier, and I really like it a lot. No,
there is not a way have it "on" in an idle mode without modification or
external switching. Since it requires no warm up why would you want to
anyway? Yes, it does make the station look better with the meter lights
on, on all of your Ten-Tec gear, whether you're using them or not..

A couple of possibilities I can think of to have it "on" yet idle:

1) Build a interrupt or bypass switching arrangement for the RCA
cable(s) used to key it (and to enable the exciter if you are using the
full Ten-Tec QSK loop).

2) I use mine in the QSK mode all the time, so I never switch the
QSK/RELAY switch out of the QSK position. That makes it a completely
unused control on the front panel, in my operation. You could modify the
wiring such that the switch becomes the STANDBY/OPERATE switch.

DE N6KB